Last leg of the Triple Crown is set to go as the 2016 Belmont Stakes is finally here. Good Morning horse racing fans. Even though there is no threat to win all three this year, plenty of profit and good times are ahead this Saturday. With one overwhelming favorite, the exactas and other bets will pay off well. Why? A glut of horse at elevated odds exist as possibilities to come in second. So let us align our bankrolls to pounce on this opportunity here at the HRW.
2016 Belmont Stakes : Historic Favorites Last Decade
Good news for those that do not like betting favorites. Some trends for a person to chew on that does not want to bet on Exaggerator near 5-4 on June 11th.
- American Pharoah was last horse since 2005 to win the Belmont as the chalk favorite.
- Afleet Alex (2005) is last example of horse winning last two races after not winning the Kentucky Derby.
This speaks to a situation that novice race fans might not be aware of. More than one horse is saved from running the earlier races or at least the Preakness so that they can win the Belmont. What matters to owners is a win in one of the three legs instead of respectability in all three. So look for some rested rides to come out of nowhere here at the Belmont.
Exaggerator has a lot of uncertainty behind his odds. He blasted the field being the best mudder by far in a soaked race. Only he and Lani have participated in all three legs. What more is that Kent Desormeaux just got back from a short stay in alcohol rehab. Who knows what element this brings into the equation! Now this race is longer than the other two legs by far. More about endurance than anything. So let us look at whom to fill out those exactas on.
- Avoid Stadivari. Young horse with great speed that should burn himself out in the longer distance.
- Cherry Wine is one to take a long look at. Horse has ability, good staff, and is learning to run well.
- SuddenBreakingNews is being eaten up by the masses right now. He is an avoid as well
Finally, a home run shot worth the while is Forever d’Oro. No one knows what to do with this horse but the bloodline is very strong here. Get these options in right now at our racebook for the 6:30PM race. Enjoy the festivities on NBC and we will see you later today here at HRWager.